This Policy applies to the activities of Spark Courage (ABN 93 192 420 446) and explains how we handle personal information and comply with the requirements of:
· the Privacy Act 1988
· the related National Privacy Principles 2001
· the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 No. 71, and
· the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988 No. 133.
Information we collect
Spark Courage collects personal information from customers, prospective customers, suppliers, contractors and health professionals. This information may include your contact details, date of birth, gender, health-related information and communication records. We collect most of this information directly from you on or before your initial session, and sometimes during the coaching process. We only collect information that is needed for a specific purpose.
Our use and disclosure of your personal information
We use your personal information in the daily running of our business, e.g.:
· processing payment for services or products you buy from us;
· promotion of new products or services; and/or
· our internal management of staff and/or contractors.
We will only disclose your personal information to a third party when we have your consent to do so, or otherwise:
· required by law; or
· to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another of our customers, one of our staff or any member of the public; or
· if the assets and operations of the business are transferred to another party as a going concern.
If you provide your personal information to us, we will give you the choice to unsubscribe from any email service that delivers further information about special offers, promotions, and changes to our products and services. If you indicate that you do not wish to receive these, we will not contact you further for these purposes. Please allow 28 days for your request to be processed.
Your access to the information we keep about you
You can email us at any time on firstname.lastname@example.org if at any time you want to:
· know exactly what personal information we hold about you (your file will usually be made available to you within 30 days of receipt of your request), or
· change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, or
· have your personal information deleted (and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons (i.e. to avoid breaching the Public Records Act 1973)).
Our storage and security of your personal information
Spark Courage will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date.
Spark Courage is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Problems or questions
If Spark Courage becomes aware of any ongoing concerns or problems concerning our practices, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns.
If you have any further queries relating to this Policy, or you have a problem or complaint, please contact us by email as per the address provided above.
Spark Courage is growing and may change from time-to-time. As a result, our policies will be reviewed and may be revised from time to time. We therefore reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time, without notice, within the bounds of the relevant Acts mentioned previously in this policy.